This year’s annual competition against Gosport takes place on Saturday 24 June at Gosport ice rink. IW competitors should meet at 3.30pm at Gosport rink.
This year skaters are asked to make their own travel arrangements by car ferry or cat (the synchro code can be used if you are skating in the synchro section). Skaters need to organise their own props and costumes.
- Please meet at the rink for 15.30, the competition will start with the synchro teams at 16.45 prompt.
- Please wear club or synchro jackets with your hair neatly tied back if possible.
- Remember you are representing the Isle of Wight club. We are so incredibly proud of your attitude and determination to keep skating even though we have no home rink.
- Each skater must bring £5 payable to Gosport to skate.
- The running order and times will posted by 18 June.
The competition is expected to finish at 20.30 but keep checking here and on synchro sites for updates.
Categories and skaters that have shown interest are as follows:
Solo, level 1 and under: Eloise Hayward, Jess Curtis and Anneliese Smith.(1.50 to 2mins)
Solo, level 2 to level 5: Izzy Curtis, Sophia Elliott and Roxy Collins (2 to 2.5mins)
Solo, level 6 and over: Amy World.
Solo, adults: Ali Wright, Melody and Keelin (21 years plus) (1.5 to 2 mins)
2-4s, level 1 and under: Pirates – Eloise, Arwen, Ellie and Josie; Blades of Glory – Kerry and Melody (2.5 to 3mins)
2-4s, level 2 and over: Alice in Wonderland, Courtney, Izzy, Jess and Anneliese; Roxy, Keelin, Anna and Izzy.
Skaters should let coach Terri Smith know whether they can make it or not.
Keep an eye on the club’s Facebook page for updates.