Iowskaters is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
What we collect
We do not collect information about users of iowskaters.com other than that necessary for WordPress to operate. Engaging with this site by posting comments requires users to login using their WordPress credentials. We may therefore see a user’s WordPress username if they comment on a post and be provided with a link to the user’s WordPress site. This information endures for as long as the user chooses to keep it on the site.
Users are able to subscribe to email updates that notify them of new posts by opting to follow the site. The ability to unsubscribe to these remains solely in the hands of the user. Details of how to follow/unfollow a WordPress blog are at https://en.support.wordpress.com/following/. Note that it is impossible for a WordPress admin to cancel a user’s subscription because the software does not allow it: the user must follow WordPress’s procedure to unfollow the site.
We may collect the following information
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, IP address, preferences and interests. In practice, we do not use this information.
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers. In practice, we do not use this information because iowskaters does not conduct customer surveys or run promotional offers based on customer details
What we do with the information we gather
We use information gathered on this WordPress blog only as required for the operation of the software as defined in WordPress’s privacy statement, allowing users to read and comment on items.
What we do not do with the information we gather
- We do not send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information
- We do not use this information for market research purposes and will not contact you by email, phone, fax or mail for market research. Your privacy is key
- The website is a paid-for website and is set to block adverts. Therefore your information does not affect advertising on the site because we don’t have any.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file that asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide while visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes. Note that we do not have this option on the site because we do not use your information for direct marketing
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We will not use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties.
You may request details of personal information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of the information held about you please write to or email us. There is no charge for providing this information.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
The EU’s General Data Protection Regulations 2018, which came into force on 25 May 2018, give people the right to be forgotten and to request that their details be removed from a website. However, under article 17 of the GDPR we may ignore requests to do so where such information is governed by 17 (3) a) the right of freedom of expression and information, and 17 (3) d) for archiving purposes in the public interest. Our news stories and reports on results are covered by the right of freedom of expression and information, and archiving in the public interest. In general, therefore, iowskaters will not edit a published news story or edit historical information about events and results to remove a person’s name.